Thursday, September 6, 2012






High school marching is like nothing else. From the fun and loud music rehearsals, to the late night marching practices the night before a game, and then the thrill of being under those Friday Night Lights. We were 280 members strong and fed off the thousands of fan’s support each and every night. Putting on shows for our community for all the support they gave us was a thing my school has done for years. All the backing from them and the hard work from us have given our band the opportunity to perform in Atlanta in the Sugar Bowl, London in the New Year’s Day Parade, march down Main Street in Disneyland and twice now in Pasadena’s Tournament of Roses Parade. I personally have had the pleasure of marching down the iconic streets past Big Ben, through “The Happiest Place on Earth”



and down the infamous Colorado Boulevard in the California sun, all three times in the front leading the group. With such experiences from a field show for our community on Friday nights to travelling across the globe for a parade for the Queen, I have truly been changed in my life through band. I was once a scrawny little fifth grader learning the ins and outs of the trombone, and ended as the section leader, in the front and center marching in front of 900,000 people in Southern California. I can safely say that I love band and I miss the cheers of my community cheering us all on.



No comments:

Post a Comment