Together they were right. Middle school band was nothing great. Like everyone at that age, we were learning and adjusting to this foreign object which was intended to make a beautiful sound. Learning the basics of my horn and how to make music as an ensemble rather than make noise as an individual was difficult and frustrating. I thought after 4 years of this I should not be terrible. But in that time it grew on me, I began to enjoy my time with it. The new challenge with every note and rhythm made it addicting. I wanted to keep going and build upon my skills. Become the best I could with something not many ever try. I kept at it, forcing myself to practice, to become more polished and do something I could be proud of. But in middle school band, there was nothing to look forward to, other than the next four years in the high school marching band.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Together they were right. Middle school band was nothing great. Like everyone at that age, we were learning and adjusting to this foreign object which was intended to make a beautiful sound. Learning the basics of my horn and how to make music as an ensemble rather than make noise as an individual was difficult and frustrating. I thought after 4 years of this I should not be terrible. But in that time it grew on me, I began to enjoy my time with it. The new challenge with every note and rhythm made it addicting. I wanted to keep going and build upon my skills. Become the best I could with something not many ever try. I kept at it, forcing myself to practice, to become more polished and do something I could be proud of. But in middle school band, there was nothing to look forward to, other than the next four years in the high school marching band.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment